Dear Air Cargo Colleague,
Welcome to this special year end edition of Tracker. It’s been a
In 2007, the following IATA Cargo targets were
- e-freight: Implemented in 6 pilot locations.
- Cargo 2000: Structure renewal and closer
collaboration with CNS.
- Security: Air Cargo Security Industry Forum
- CASS: A record 13 new CASS countries introduced.
- The first IATA World Cargo Symposium: Focus on
Simplicity took place in Mexico City.
IATA Cargo targets for 2008 will tackle even greater challenges:
- e-freight: Secure the pilots and implement
e-freight in 8 more locations.
- Cargo 2000: Deliver sustainable improvements across
Phase 1 & Phase 2.
- Security: Develop the air cargo supply chain
- Environment: Promote IATA Cargo's position with
regards to air cargo and the environment, based on facts and best
- CASS: Deliver CASS Import, Export, Domestic
operations in 8 more locations.
- IATA World Cargo Symposium 2008: This year,
delegates will congregate in Rome over 3 days to participate in a
plenary session, 15 industry meetings and 13 Cargo tracks centred on the
theme: Focus on the customer: Dialogue to deliver
To learn more about these issues and to play an active role in meeting
the above challenges, please join me at the 2nd annual IATA World Cargo
Symposium in Rome, 3 – 6 March 2008. See below for details.
Wishing you and your family a happy and peaceful break, and
a successful 2008!
Global Head of Cargo, IATA